High Risk Caries Management: A minimally Invasive Approach to Treating Dental Caries
3 Credits (Category 3)
The attendees will learn about a new paradigm shift in caries management. The focus of the course will include:
- How to develop the optimal treatment protocol for high risk dental caries clients
- A review of the most effective in-office treatment options and home care solutions, to include:
- How some carious lesions can be reversed and even arrested
- How Silver Diamine Fluoride can be successfully integrated into practice to meet the needs of your clients
- The world of fluoride varnish is changing, learn about the newest generation of varnish and how it can aid in client satisfaction and reducing caries risk
- How to treat and manage the oral flora of your client to improve oral health outcomes
Lisa Hardill is an Oral Health Consultant with Oral Science – managing the GTA West. Lisa has been a registered dental hygienist in Ontario for over 15 years.
As a dental hygienist Lisa has worked in private practice, independent practice and public health across York Region. With this diverse background she has experienced firsthand the vital role oral health plays in everyone’s life.
Over the years Lisa has been privileged to get involved in the dental hygiene field in numerous ways, including as a QA Peer Assessor for the CDHO for over 11 years, as non-council member of the Registration Committee with the CDHO, and currently on the Board of Directors for Gift from the Heart. In addition, Lisa graduated in 2018 with her Bachelor of Health Administration. Where her studies focused on areas such as Community Health Care Planning, Health Care Law and Research Methods, where she focused her studies on Silver Diamine Fluoride.
Lisa’s current role with Oral Science involves educating dental professionals on products and protocols focused on High Risk Caries, Xerostomia & Oral Lesions, Periodontisits/Peri-Implantitis, and Tooth Sensitivity.
Dentists and Dental Hygienists
June 20, 2019
6:00pm-9:00pm (5:30pm Registration/Dinner)
641 Davis Dr., Lower Level, Newmarket, ON. ($5 parking at northeast corner of Davis Dr. and Bolton Ave.)
$50.00 plus taxes (limited to 23 seats)